The IT specialist is one of the most sought-after professions on the labour market. Students learn how to design complex IT systems, Internet applications, create computer games and programs for mobile devices. The program prepares students for careers in in software development companies, IT systems administration or their own IT business. The Faculty's cooperation with IT companies allows students to understand the specificity of the IT profession, as well as acquire practical skills in programming and designing IT systems by participating in classes, workshops, internships, and courses conducted by company representatives.
full - time studies
- 3.5-year (7 semesters) first-cycle studies leading to BSc degree
– information systems
– computer graphics
– information and communication technology
- 1.5-year (3 semesters) second-cycle studies leading to MSc degree
– information systems
– computer graphics
IS (information systems) covers organization and architecture of modern computer systems, operating systems, computer networks and databases. Students can program computers, design information systems and have basic knowledge of artificial intelligence, computer graphics and multimedia systems. They know the principles of software engineering and are prepared for careers in companies and programming teams dealing with the design, implementation and operation of information systems. They are provided with the knowledge of Internet technologies sufficient for the design and management of network information systems.
Computer graphics prepares students to program in modern programming languages. They have the knowledge of operating systems, know the principles of computer building systems, including modern graphics processors, the basics of databases, computer networks and the principles of software engineering, as well as advanced computer graphics programming techniques, multimedia systems, the basics of creating computer games, the principles of image composition and basic information about art form and art history. They are provided with the knowledge of image processing, the basics of using software for raster, 3D and vector graphics.
ICT covers designing and administering complex network systems, big data analytics and designing security solutions related to cybersecurity. ICT graduates gain knowledge, skills and competences supported by numerous international Cisco certificates that can be obtained during the course of study. Students acquire programming skills in Python and C ++, as well as knowledge of the Linux operating system, the basics of routing and switching, designing ICT networks and wide area network technologies.
Learning outcomes (first-cycle studies)
The students have knowledge and skills in general IT issues and additionally, depending on the selected specialization, the knowledge and technical skills of IT systems, computer graphics or ICT. They know the principles of modern computer building and are well acquainted with the devices cooperating with computers. They have the knowledge of operating systems, computer networks and databases; they develop programming skills and know the principles of software engineering allowing them to work effectively in programming teams. They also have the basic knowledge of artificial intelligence and human-computer communication. The graduates are prepared for the careers in IT as well as in companies and organizations using IT tools and systems.
Learning outcomes (second-cycle studies)
The graduates have extended knowledge of information systems or computer graphics and are prepared to carry out design and development tasks in technical informatics. They can analyze and evaluate design solutions obtained in conditions of limited information about the designed system, choose the right design technique for hardware, software and mixed systems, and solve problems related to the development of design tools and techniques in the field of computer science. They are prepared to undertake difficult design tasks and solve current research problems.
- valid passport (pages with photo and personal data)
- scan of the secondary school certificate with Legalization/Apostille and the annotation (or as a separate document) stating, that the certificate entitles to apply for admission to degree programmes at universities of every type in the country in which you received the above mentioned certificate
- Statement of obligation to complete degree recognition process
- Information about secondary education for degree recognition purposes
- English certificate – (with exception if candidate is from an English speaking country or previous education was conducted fully in English language) or Polish certificate if a foreigner wants to study in Polish
- Medical certificate
- Signed Application Letter
- Bachelor diploma which entitles you to apply for master degree in country where bachelor diploma was awarded (regards ONLY candidates for master degree)
- Transcript of records with grading scale (regards ONLY candidates for master degree)
- Eligibility statement (regards ONLY candidates for master degree)
- Insurance policy against sickness and accidents for the period of candidate’s education in Poland, or European Health Insurance Card, or agreement with National Health Fund